Contact Us

Comment/Complaint Form

Email Form Response

Thank you for your email to the Office of Attorney General. Your time in submitting this information is much appreciated. Your communication now will be reviewed for response by regular mail.

Please be advised our office cannot represent individual citizens in legal matters, and cannot give individuals legal advice.

If you need legal assistance, please seek private counsel. You may obtain a referral to a certified lawyer referral service by contacting the State Bar at 866-442-2529 (toll-free in California) or 415-538-2250 (from outside California), or via their website at:

If you cannot afford a private attorney, you may consider contacting your local legal aid office. For a referral, visit and click on the Find Legal Assistance tab.

If you have information about a crime, please report the matter locally to the police department or sheriff's office.

While we seek to respond timely, there could be delays because of the volume of email received and we thank you in advance for your patience.

If you are contacting our Office about the national mortgage servicing settlement with Citibank, JPMorgan Chase/Washington Mutual, Bank of America/Countrywide, Wells Fargo/Wachovia, and Ally Financial/GMAC, please read the following important information:

For detailed information about the settlement please visit:

To find out if you may be eligible to for a loan modification, refinance, short sale or other foreclosure prevention relief, you may contact your mortgage servicer. They may be reached as follows:

For Bank of America/Countrywide, call 1-877-488-7814 or you may also go to a Bank of America Customer Assistance Center. You can find a list of such centers at:

For JPMorgan Chase/WAMU call 1-866-372-6901, or you may also go to a Chase Homeownership Center. You can find a list of such centers at:

For Wells Fargo/Wachovia call 1-800-288-3212.

For Citibank/Citimortgage call 1-866-272-4749.

For Ally/GMAC call 1-800-766-4622.

If you have already lost your home to foreclosure and believe you may qualify for restitution, please visit

If you are still in your home, for a referral to a free HUD-Approved Housing Counselor who can assist you with your application for a modification under the settlement or in obtaining other help to stay in your home if you do not qualify for the settlement, please call 1-800-569-4287.

Again, thank you for writing. Attorney General Kamala Harris values your comments and views.