Who We Are
Department of Justice (DOJ) Special Agents are highly trained officers conducting civil and criminal investigations statewide. These investigations demand extreme coordination and knowledge of criminal law.
Some of the operations that Agents handle include:
- » Investigation of illegal drug trafficking and complex money laundering.
- » Suppression of violent gangs.
- » Leading teams of local, state, and federal officers to locate and destroy marijuana gardens.
- » Find and dismantle clandestine drug labs that manufacture illegal substances.
- » Coordinate department aviation resources in support of field investigations.
- » Investigate high technology computer crimes.
- » Apprehend violent career criminals and sexually violent predators.
- » Respond to international child abductions and fugitive apprehension.
- » Train local law enforcement authorities.
- » Investigate physical and sexual abuse of elder and dependant adults, neglect by facility staff as well as corporations, and the diversion of legal pharmaceuticals for illegal purposes.
- » Investigate crimes involving illegal firearms trafficking, conduct dangerous weapons permit investigations, inspect firearms dealers, and provide firearms expertise.
- » Investigate suspected violations of gambling laws; inspect premises where gambling equipment is manufactured, distributed or sold; and monitoring the conduct of individuals involved in gambling operations.